When you boot the computer and you may get the error ” Windows fails to start, try recent hardware or software might be the cause. C:windowswinload.exe is corrupt or missing. Error – 0xC000000F”. You are getting this message due to the corrupted winload.exe files.
- Boot the computer with the help of Xp disk to the WINRE ( i.e Recovery Console or command prompt)
- Run the chkdsk /f
- Run bootcfg /rebuildbcd
- Run bootrec /fixmbr and then bootrec /fixboot
- Type Exit
- Restart the computer
You will be successfully booted to the Desktop and the Computer would be up and running fine.
Windows 7 contains lots of new features, and it’s a fast OS. The features which I like most are
Device Stage which provide you to better device management. Home Group makes it easier to connect to other computers and devices on a wireless home network, so you can share files, photos, music, and printers throughout your home. Full screen previews, you can maximize a window by dragging its border to the top of the screen and return the window to its original size by dragging it away etc. Power saver options as which dims the display if you haven’t used your PC for a while. Windows 7 starts up, shuts down, resumes from standby, and responds faster than Vista. Touch experience if you’ve got a touch-screen monitor, you can use your fingers to scroll, resize windows, play media, and pan and zoom.
Windows 7 improves pen input as you can write math expressions, create personalized custom dictionaries for handwriting recognition, and use the new languages. Check this link to see what’s new in it. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/whats-new.aspx
IF you have a hotmail, live or msn Id you can get the product key and you can enjoy the fun of using this upcoming OS. As it’s an beta version so, Do not install it on a working computer, as its in testing phase you may found some glitches or bugs in it.
Windows Live essentials helps you to do amazing things online easily ans safely. It is a set of communication, salve sharing and safety tools that you can access from anywhere. All these tools work seamlessly on the web and access PCs, try mobile phones and other devices.
Following are the details of all the features in Live essential:–
Communication : Hotmail/Mail, Messenger, Spaces, Calendar (beta).
Sharing : Space; Events, Groups, Photo Sharing/Gallery, SkyDrive.
Protection : OneCare, Family Safety.
Anywhere Access : SkyDrive, Foldershare (beta).
To Install all these live essentials Click on the following link:
Browser Share means Usage share, try in web browser statistics, This is the percentage of visitors to a group of web sites that use a particular browser. For example, when it is said that Internet Explorer has 76% usage share, it means Internet Explorer is used by 76% of visitors that visit a given set of sites. To see the latest trends for browser http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
As per the latest report from Itedge microsoft loses the browser share for detail report check this: http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/msh/?p=208&nr=dye
If you’ve been getting the error COM Surrogate has stopped working whenever you browse folders containing video or media files, This problem is caused because of codecs and other COM components installed by various softwares that aren’t fully Vista-compatible, like some versions of DivX or Nero.
Here’s the error message:
There are a number of possible solutions to this problem, and the right solution depends greatly on what software is actually causing the problem. Some of the most well-known problem causing softwares are DivX and Nero, but there are others that cause the problem as well.
- If you are using DivX, you should be upgraded to the very latest version (6.5+)
- If you are using Nero, you can try upgrading to the latest version (22.214.171.124+)
- If you’ve upgraded Nero and Divx and still have the problem, you can try renaming the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax to NeVideo.ax.bak. You may also need to rename NeVideoHD.ax to NeVideoHD.bak. This will break Nero Showtime, however. (thanks to dugi in the comments for this one)
- You can disable Thumbnail previews, which should make the problem go away, but isn’t the optimal solution
- The older ffdshow codec pack has been known to cause some problems. The ffdshow tryouts codec pack seems to work better. Might want to try using this one: http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/
- If you’d like to uninstall Nero entirely, there is a utility that they provide to help with complete uninstall that helps a lot in instances where you have a bad installation of an older version. http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/FAQs_Nero7_NeroVision.html
- Some users have recommended installing the Vista Codec Package in order to update all your codecs to the correct versions. I can’t confirm that this works because I have not tried it myself. As always, be careful when installing unknown components and create a restore point.
- You can use the very useful MMCompView free utility from Nirsoft to disable any codecs on the system. This is very useful to help troubleshoot exactly which component is causing the problem.
There’s another possible solution below of turning off DEP for dllhost, which might not work for everybody.
You may have to add divx+nero executables to the DEP ignore list.
Computer->properties->Advance system settings->settings(performance)->Data Execution Prevention-> then
Select the “Data Execution Protection” tab, and then click “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”
Click on the Add button, and then browse to C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe
Click on Open then Ok.